Why I still wear a watch in 2021
There are times when the convenience of one of these can't be beat.
I did a little personal experiment where I didn't wear a watch at all for a few weeks.
When I wasn't wearing a wearing a watch, I did what most people do to get the time and used my phone.
That didn't work out well. Having to pick up a thing and press a button just to get the time was annoying. It became even more annoying when I was somewhere the phone couldn't go, like the kitchen. (I'm not about to take my phone where there's routinely boiling water and hot cooking oils in use.)
I then tried just using the existing clocks I have. There's a clock on the microwave, a clock on my computer desktop, a clock in the car, and so on. This was better, but only slightly. Whenever I wanted to know the time, if I wasn't sitting in front of my computer, I had to go looking for a clock. This got old fast, because I had to stop whatever I was doing and find a clock just to know what time it was.
Another annoyance I found was not having fast access to the date and weekday. With the exception of my computer, a little travel atomic clock I keep in the bathroom and of course the phone, none of the other clocks I have tell me date information.
Most of the time I can get along not having fast day/date info access, but I can tell you the one time where it is needed. Driving. Pulling out a phone to do anything while driving is just plain stupid and I won't do it. If I wanted to know day/date info while on the road, the only way to get that from a phone safely is when stopped either at a traffic light or when parked.
Not wearing a watch for the time I did wasn't awful, but annoying. I didn't realize how much I actually used one until I stopped wearing it.
More articles to check out
- How my guitars handled The Great Texas Freeze of 2021
- All guitar companies need to start listing 1st and 12th fret measurements
- BEAD tuning for bass, the easiest way for tuning down
- Best electric guitars to play with fingers
- The easiest way to get a fat guitar neck
- Best acoustic guitar for under $500 might be the Guild DS-240
- How to get the reverse guitar sound
- Why I still wear a watch in 2021
- Texas garage rock from the '60s
- Silvertone, that other '60s guitar