Secret Casio CA-53W calculator watch diagnostic screen, and future watch buys
Nobody has ever shown the CA-53W diagnostic screen until now.
Years ago I actually figured out how to get the CA-53W to display its diagnostic screen, but then forgot how it was done. I wanted to know how to do this, so I searched online and ended up finding just one and only one guy on the internet who knew how to do it...
...sort of. I found this old web page published back in 2012 where the guy was able to get the diag screen to show, took photos to prove it, but then basically said, "Yeah, I don't know how I exactly got the watch to do this. I just kept pressing buttons and somehow made the diag screen show up."
This was not a satisfactory answer for me. I had to figure this out.
I knew that in order to make the screen appear, only the two side buttons are used. After messing around with it for a few minutes, I then got the idea to hold one button and press the other a few times, and ta-da, got it. I then repeated the process to make sure it wasn't just a fluke, got it to work every time, and that's when I grabbed my phone and recorded a video of it.
I'm 100% certain that I'm the first guy to show not only the CA-53W diagnostic screen but more importantly show how to get to it.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984