Secret Casio CA-53W calculator watch diagnostic screen, and future watch buys
Nobody has ever shown the CA-53W diagnostic screen until now.
Years ago I actually figured out how to get the CA-53W to display its diagnostic screen, but then forgot how it was done. I wanted to know how to do this, so I searched online and ended up finding just one and only one guy on the internet who knew how to do it...
...sort of. I found this old web page published back in 2012 where the guy was able to get the diag screen to show, took photos to prove it, but then basically said, "Yeah, I don't know how I exactly got the watch to do this. I just kept pressing buttons and somehow made the diag screen show up."
This was not a satisfactory answer for me. I had to figure this out.
I knew that in order to make the screen appear, only the two side buttons are used. After messing around with it for a few minutes, I then got the idea to hold one button and press the other a few times, and ta-da, got it. I then repeated the process to make sure it wasn't just a fluke, got it to work every time, and that's when I grabbed my phone and recorded a video of it.
I'm 100% certain that I'm the first guy to show not only the CA-53W diagnostic screen but more importantly show how to get to it.
More articles to check out
- Buy a new car or keep driving an old car?
- Dirt cheap Jazz-Strat HSS... worth getting?
- The easier way to play a cowboy G riff on guitar
- If Fender built a Jazzmaster like this, I would buy it
- Re-buying guitars is a bad idea?
- Navigating in northern Dallas-Fort Worth Texas (it's awful?)
- You might as well wear a mask that looks cool
- The one reason why you should buy a Casio A700W
- Fretless bass for under $350 USD (way under!)
- Secret Casio CA-53W calculator watch diagnostic screen, and future watch buys