Secret Casio CA-53W calculator watch diagnostic screen, and future watch buys
Nobody has ever shown the CA-53W diagnostic screen until now.
Years ago I actually figured out how to get the CA-53W to display its diagnostic screen, but then forgot how it was done. I wanted to know how to do this, so I searched online and ended up finding just one and only one guy on the internet who knew how to do it...
...sort of. I found this old web page published back in 2012 where the guy was able to get the diag screen to show, took photos to prove it, but then basically said, "Yeah, I don't know how I exactly got the watch to do this. I just kept pressing buttons and somehow made the diag screen show up."
This was not a satisfactory answer for me. I had to figure this out.
I knew that in order to make the screen appear, only the two side buttons are used. After messing around with it for a few minutes, I then got the idea to hold one button and press the other a few times, and ta-da, got it. I then repeated the process to make sure it wasn't just a fluke, got it to work every time, and that's when I grabbed my phone and recorded a video of it.
I'm 100% certain that I'm the first guy to show not only the CA-53W diagnostic screen but more importantly show how to get to it.
More articles to check out
- Black Friday electric guitars for 2020
- This is the best Pacifica guitar
- For the guy who can't decide between a Strat and a Tele - Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
- How does a compass work on a smartphone?
- Help with guitar setup (it's more than just adjustments)
- Has tulip mania happened with guitars?
- Why are so many guitar necks thin?
- Nickel plated vs pure nickel guitar strings
- Three things I've learned from driving around DFW
- Living with no tremolo