The only Gibson guitar strap worth owning
You've seen Fender guitar straps, but Gibson takes it up a notch with theirs.
Above is the Gibson Austin Premium Comfort guitar strap. It's expensive, but this one actually lives up to its "premium comfort" claim.
The strap is, of course, made from premium leather. But you've seen leather straps before. It also has premium stitching. But you've seen that before too.
What you haven't seen, aside from the Gibson logo on it, is half-inch thick memory foam padding in combination with classic Western styling.
Basically, what Gibson did here is take some nice styling, added in old school quality leather, then added in new school memory foam. This is actually a really good combination.
With most other higher end straps you either get the leather or get the foam. With this Gibson strap, you do get both.
Is this the most expensive guitar strap? Hardly. The Jodi Head Western Snakeskin Concho strap costs more (which I have to admit looks really cool). And there are straps out there that run even higher than that.
I'm honestly not a fan of leather guitar straps unless the strap has actual legitimate practical purpose. Even though the Austin isn't a bargain by any means, it is one of the darned few that actually delivers both for appearance and comfort. You get the leather and the memory foam all in one. And the look works with any Gibson guitar, electric or acoustic.
It doesn't get much better than that. For Gibson guitar owners, that is.
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp