A lil' old school gaming will do you good
I was digging around my old game CD's looking for some gaming entertainment (since I'm all Diablo'd out) and found StarCraft. Cool! Only problem was that I couldn't find my Brood War Expansion disc. Bummer. So I had to head out and buy another "Battle Chest" version of StarCraft which includes the Brood War Expansion CD. It's only twenty bucks so it's not like I went to the poorhouse or anything.
SC is just a cool game. It was done right the first time. In addition, it runs very well on my laptop. So what if it's only 640x480? It doesn't need any more than that.
This is a game that definitely has repeat playability and it's no wonder it sold so well (and continues to). The characters are awesome, the storyline is awesome and gameplay is EASY yet challenging.
This is also the first game I played where there is actual cussing in it from time to time. See image above.
I only play SC in single player mode. I tried playing on Battle.net once and got bombarded with "n00b" about ten trillion times.. so I don't do that. As if I need ten year old kids calling me names just because OMG WTF he doesn't know [this] [this] [that]??!?! F49!!. No thanks. 😉
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing