And the hits just keep on comin'
Today I ventured out and applied for yet another job as a parts counter guy at a car dealership. It's far away (about an hour) but hey, I might get it. Tomorrow I have two other generic-type jobs lined up to apply for. Fortunately those two are a lot closer.
I got a letter in the mail today. Microdyne decided not to hire me, even though they have about ten (for real) ads in the paper and a humongous NOW HIRING sign on their building - they couldn't find anything for me. All I'm left to think is that I must have said something wrong on the interview, or I'm overqualified (yet again) or both.
I feel like such a failure today it's ridiculous. I have tried so hard - the hardest in my life - to find work. I've been driving everywhere, applying everywhere and doing whatever it takes. My bills are piling up and my options are thinning out fast. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.
On a more positive note, my Pop's house appears to be sold - for real this time. Pop and I had some serious discussions. It may turn out I'll have to move back in with him if something doesn't change with my employment situation. I may have no choice. My dream of living on my own may go away as quickly as it came.
My mind is nothing but mush right now. I really don't know what to think.
More articles to check out
- I bought an Ibanez AS73, and then returned it
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time