New monitor (again)
Okay.. after a lot of thinking, I've decided to go with an LCD Flat Panel monitor. The ViewSonic is probably going back sometime this week.. maybe tonight. I just have to figure out whether or not I want to make that long drive (ugh). I just want that piece of crap out of my house.
The monitor I decided to go for is the Sony StylePro SDM-S73. I've read a lot of good reviews about this particular product. NewEgg customers love this screen and I admit that customer reviews do influence my buying decisions. However I won't buy monitors from NewEgg, especially LCD panels. Every single one they sell states "Dead Pixels Policy: Replacement or Refund for 8 or more DEAD PIXELS ONLY!" on the product description so I don't buy from them. CDW on the other hand will take returns even if you have just 1 dead pixel. So I bought from them instead.
Did I pay more than I should have? Yes - but it just goes to show you that price does not conquer all. A very large part of my buying decision is the return policy. Is it good? Does it suck? NewEgg's return policies are absolutely horrid. They make you pay for all shipping for returns and then tell you (ONLY if you ask how,) to FAX them proof of receipts and they will credit you what you paid for in shipping charges. Very annoying. Dell on the other hand will usually send a "return waybill" for all warranty replaced parts. You get the new part, put the old part in the box and the waybill covers the cost. Simple. CDW I believe also does return waybills (but not sure).
So anyway, my new Sony monitor is on the way. We'll see how this one fares out. Oh, and by the way, ViewSonic sucks ass.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see