our lady of the bathtub
Two days ago, a tornado ripped thru an area about fifty miles northwest of Orlando.
In other words, NOWHERE NEAR ME.
But the news on CNN sure made it look like the entire Tampa Bay region got destroyed.
Trust me, it didn't. There were no cows flying thru the air or anything like that.
Two people contacted me wondering if I was okay. It was very nice that they did, but I was like "Wha..?" because the news made it look like half the state was destroyed. Um... no. 🙂
if you look like bob when kissing you are doing it wrong
No argument there. 🙂
Some other stuff we talked about were the churches in New England. Whether you practice a faith or not, many stone churches are architectural wonders.
A joke Pop said years ago that I still find funny to this day is "Our Lady Of The Bathtub". This is one of those New-Englander-only jokes because if you look around the churches up that way, there's always a Virgin Mary statue somewhere that looks like she's standing in the middle of a bathtub. Sometimes there's water, sometimes there isn't, but the tub is always there.
You use the phrase when you're trying to give directions somewhere but forgot the name of the church:
Head up the street and hang a left right after Our Lady of the Bathtub.
If you really want to go all out, you can say "Our Blessed Lady of the Holy Bathtub".
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984