always a hit at parties
As my last post illustrated in grand fashion, if what you write touches a nerve with someone whereas they identify with it, they instantly think it's about them, especially if you use the word "you".
If I wrote "You stink like a colostomy bag", would the reader think "Rich thinks I stink?". Would that reader then do the standard sniff-the-pits test? After that would the reader shower, then think "Ha! I don't stink now."
One can only wonder.
Carry on. 🙂
For all I know, in the next few years we might be neighbors, or at least living in the same town. (Keep reading...)
My boss wants a big house. Something like 2000 square feet if I remember correctly. Some people don't think that's big. I think it's huge. For those that remember where I used to live in Dayville Connecticut, that house was 1200 square feet; more than enough for my needs.
I had really long conversation with my Pop (who at this point has tons of experience with home buying) about what to check for when I decide to start shopping in '07. Check the roof, door frames, windows, electric, blah blah blah. It's just a very involved process.
But I look forward to the challenge. If I plan this out right, I should get something I really like. Yee-haw. 🙂
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984