Back to gAIM I go
Here's the thing that sucks about instant messaging: Everyone uses something different. I have people that use Yahoo, MSN, AOL and ICQ. I remember back in the early days of the 'net everyone used ICQ and so did I (I still do).
Well anyway, being that I may get some Yahoo Messenger and MSN contacts coming my way pretty soon, I decided to give gAIM another go. My one big yap about the software was that you couldn't change the font - but then I found out how to do it. It's difficult, but you can do it. You have to manually edit a text file called gtkrc buried deep in a folder. I found it, edited it and now the font is much more to my liking.
Granted, that was a pain in the ass, but gAIM is free to download and use so I suppose I shouldn't yap much about it. It's totally possible that had I found that Windows FAQ before, I never would have switched off of gAIM to begin with.
At least now I have an ad-free messenger that connects all the "big" instant messengers. Hopefully this will work out for a while - I hate switching instant messengers. (grin)
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone