Bands, please keep your web sites up to date!
It's just saddening to know that there are so many bands out there that just don't pay attention to their web sites. For a while now I have seen some really bad habits occur on a lot of band sites.
"Band site" defined: A web site that is about a band. It doesn't matter what kind of band it is. Could be rock, or blues, or punk or whatever.
Bad habits of some band web sites:
Old info / no updates
Old info = dead info on a band's web site. It should be updated periodically. I'd say at least once a month.
Some bands will play shows and never announce it on their web sites. Bad, bad, bad.
Some bands never ever update their web sites, period. A page is put up. No music, no message board, no contact info. Nothing. Bah!
Site vanishes without a trace
I've seen this happen more times than I have fingers and toes. A band gets a web site. It's gets popular. Lots of visits. Then one day (after no updating, see above,) --poof--, gone. The web site won't load and doesn't resolve any longer. It really sucks if you actually liked the band. I hate it when that happens.
I mean, yeah, I can understand it if the band doesn't know computers or how to program web pages or whatever.. but they must know someone that could do an itty bitty update from time to time.. or at least make sure the site still works.
Is that too much to ask?
More articles to check out
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar