There are times when YouTube really, really shines. It is so rare but it does happen. This is one of those times.
I found this thing called "babershop tags". This is when one guy (sometimes two) performs all four parts of a barbershop quartet.
The sounds that come from this are nothing short of incredible. And yes, some of it does sound inhuman (as in "There's no way actual people could do this"). Oh trust me, they can.
This guy shows how one is done:
Skip to 1:36 if you want to hear the end result (it's awesome).
Here's one where it's two guys, one had to be brought in to cover the notes the other couldn't.
Here's a JAZZ version. Nice.
Here's the same guy, doing 8 parts.
To note: Some people hate this one but I like it because it's got a very theatrical/new-age sound to it (the 8-part version) with those crazy chords.
And lastly, what is it called when girls do music like this? It's called a beautyshop instead of a barbershop.
Not many videos of this type on YouTube, sadly.
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone