bits for 18 dec 2008
There was a boo-boo in the RSS feed for this site (redirect issue), fixed. I thought that the feed readers would have updated to the feed location being here on this domain but they didn't (oops). I guess Really Simple Syndication truly means Really Simple and not Really Advanced.
~ ~ ~
I sometimes forget that I use certain words and phrases that some completely don't understand when I say them.
"In the can"
Dates back to motion picture film. When the film was done developing and put into film canisters, "in the can" means "done". When you put a film in the can, that's an absolute because you can't "undevelop" the film.
"I would take/pick x any day of the week and twice on Sunday"
X is whatever thing I'm talking about in the positive respect. This is a line borrowed from the movie A Few Good Men.
The line from the scene:
SAM Did I ever tell you that I wrote a paper on your father in college? KAFFEE Yeah? SAM He was one of the best trial lawyers ever. KAFFEE Yes he was. SAM And if I were Dawson and Downey and I had a choice between you or your father to represent me in this case, I'd take you any day of the week and twice on Sunday. You should have seen yourself thunder away at Kendrick. KAFFEE Would you put Jessep on the stand?
The full screenplay is here just in case you're interested. 🙂 Lots of good lines in that movie.
"Keep your nose clean"
It amazes me how many people don't know this phrase. It means to stay out of trouble. This phrase is used quite a bit.
"Stay on the Light Side of The Force"
Star Wars reference. It means "to be good". To be evil would be the Dark Side.
If you've got time to kill you can read up on what The Force is all about. I've never read it; I just go by the movies. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago