bits for 18 dec 2008
There was a boo-boo in the RSS feed for this site (redirect issue), fixed. I thought that the feed readers would have updated to the feed location being here on this domain but they didn't (oops). I guess Really Simple Syndication truly means Really Simple and not Really Advanced.
~ ~ ~
I sometimes forget that I use certain words and phrases that some completely don't understand when I say them.
"In the can"
Dates back to motion picture film. When the film was done developing and put into film canisters, "in the can" means "done". When you put a film in the can, that's an absolute because you can't "undevelop" the film.
"I would take/pick x any day of the week and twice on Sunday"
X is whatever thing I'm talking about in the positive respect. This is a line borrowed from the movie A Few Good Men.
The line from the scene:
SAM Did I ever tell you that I wrote a paper on your father in college? KAFFEE Yeah? SAM He was one of the best trial lawyers ever. KAFFEE Yes he was. SAM And if I were Dawson and Downey and I had a choice between you or your father to represent me in this case, I'd take you any day of the week and twice on Sunday. You should have seen yourself thunder away at Kendrick. KAFFEE Would you put Jessep on the stand?
The full screenplay is here just in case you're interested. 🙂 Lots of good lines in that movie.
"Keep your nose clean"
It amazes me how many people don't know this phrase. It means to stay out of trouble. This phrase is used quite a bit.
"Stay on the Light Side of The Force"
Star Wars reference. It means "to be good". To be evil would be the Dark Side.
If you've got time to kill you can read up on what The Force is all about. I've never read it; I just go by the movies. 🙂
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp