bits for 2 october 2008
Yesterday I mailed out a pack of cigs to the UK, so the favor was finally returned for the pack of John Player Specials I received. Was a little late getting them out but I finally did. Hopefully the package will arrive safely to its destination.
This counts as my first time shipping anything outside of US borders. Yes, I know... not really a big deal but hey it was my first time. 🙂
I have a small cool story to tell about the pack I sent:
What I sent were Djarum menthol cloves. However this is a specialty brand so you rarely find them in convenience stores. I was able to locate this cigar shop just a few miles from where I live. The place looks like an absolute dump on the outside but inside it's pristine. Cool surprise and I really dig the shop.
~ ~ ~
I have been working on a book I call The Forbidden Menga. In a nutshell: The book will have a ton of stuff in it that I don't talk about on my public web site. If you thought I was snarky on my public blog here, ha! You have no idea. 🙂
I don't know how long it's going to be when finished but it's been coming along rather well so far.
On a geeky note, I'm composing the book in an old copy of Microsoft Word 2000 because it has grammar-check. I don't pay too much attention to grammar when I blog publicly but certainly do in printed stuff.
Yes, this book will be print-only and priced a bit high because hey, if you want the good stuff, you're gonna have to pay the piper. 🙂
~ ~ ~
Even if they are playing there I don't know if I'm going because it's cash I really don't feel like spending unless I can get some sort of deal.
Maybe I'll go, maybe not.
-- edit --
Found out the info. It's here. The price for the ticket is almost 90 bucks. SCREW THAT.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago