break 'em up
As a videographer I deal with big frickin' files. Whether it's AVI or MPEG, they're just huge. Backing these files up is a pain in the ass.
I decided to give 7-Zip a try because it supposedly makes multi-file archives easily, as in the kind where you can take big files and "break them up" into smaller ones.
The result: Yes, it works.
I broke up 12 gigs of video data into 19 files, each of which is a CD's size. And yes that means I am burning 19 CD's. Why CD's and not DVD's? Because I have a crapload of blank CD's I bought and I might as well put them to good use. Blank DVD's are expensive, don'cha know. 😉
It will be nice to get that hard drive space back once I'm done.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984