break 'em up
As a videographer I deal with big frickin' files. Whether it's AVI or MPEG, they're just huge. Backing these files up is a pain in the ass.
I decided to give 7-Zip a try because it supposedly makes multi-file archives easily, as in the kind where you can take big files and "break them up" into smaller ones.
The result: Yes, it works.
I broke up 12 gigs of video data into 19 files, each of which is a CD's size. And yes that means I am burning 19 CD's. Why CD's and not DVD's? Because I have a crapload of blank CD's I bought and I might as well put them to good use. Blank DVD's are expensive, don'cha know. 😉
It will be nice to get that hard drive space back once I'm done.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?