busted dv port
Hot tip: Don't leave your DV cable plugged into your camcorder.
Why? My camcorder fell over while it was on the tripod (don't ask), the FireWire cable was still plugged into it, it landed on the side the cable was plugged into (of course), and busted the DV port.
Solution: Waste $215 and buy a new camcorder. The one I bought is a JVC GR-D350US (pictured above). Compared to the old Canon ZR-200, this one has a ton more features, plus a cool little "snapshot" button to take pics with.
Honestly speaking, it's amazing what you get for the price these days. This should last a long time as long as I leave the FireWire cable out when not in use. 🙂
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984