busted dv port
Hot tip: Don't leave your DV cable plugged into your camcorder.
Why? My camcorder fell over while it was on the tripod (don't ask), the FireWire cable was still plugged into it, it landed on the side the cable was plugged into (of course), and busted the DV port.
Solution: Waste $215 and buy a new camcorder. The one I bought is a JVC GR-D350US (pictured above). Compared to the old Canon ZR-200, this one has a ton more features, plus a cool little "snapshot" button to take pics with.
Honestly speaking, it's amazing what you get for the price these days. This should last a long time as long as I leave the FireWire cable out when not in use. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?