busted dv port
Hot tip: Don't leave your DV cable plugged into your camcorder.
Why? My camcorder fell over while it was on the tripod (don't ask), the FireWire cable was still plugged into it, it landed on the side the cable was plugged into (of course), and busted the DV port.
Solution: Waste $215 and buy a new camcorder. The one I bought is a JVC GR-D350US (pictured above). Compared to the old Canon ZR-200, this one has a ton more features, plus a cool little "snapshot" button to take pics with.
Honestly speaking, it's amazing what you get for the price these days. This should last a long time as long as I leave the FireWire cable out when not in use. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see