"Distance" song plus notes about Dunlop guitar strings
I decided to give Dunlop guitar strings a try (specifically, model DEN0942); they certainly have a different "character" about them, which is difficult to describe in words...
...so I wrote a quick song instead. :-) I purposely did it "acoustically," which is to say I used nothing but "clean" tone. The guitar used was my Squier Bullet Strat.
What I can say about these strings so far is that yes, they break in faster and yes they project better compared to the D'Addario EXL120 sets I was using. Will I switch over to Dunlop? I just might, because so far they've proven to sound and feel very good - but - I just installed them.
Will they be able to survive a month (I change strings out at least once a month) without snapping and still sound good? I'll know in a month. :-)
The song above is available as a free MP3 download on my tunes page, so go ahead and grab it from there if you like.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- Fender HM Strat is not a Stratocaster
- Squier raises the price on Classic Vibe Stratocasters
- Five of the better guitar shirts I've seen
- How to choose the right guitar octave pedal effect
- Hidden gem: Jackson Dinky JS22
- Why I haven't bought another Jazzmaster
- Does Fender play it too safe with American Professional Stratocaster colors?
- Best SG of 2019? Epiphone 1961 G-400 in Metallic Gold
- On switching to a cheap mechanical PC keyboard
- The absolute best accessory a guitar pedal addict can have