"Distance" song plus notes about Dunlop guitar strings
I decided to give Dunlop guitar strings a try (specifically, model DEN0942); they certainly have a different "character" about them, which is difficult to describe in words...
...so I wrote a quick song instead. 🙂 I purposely did it "acoustically," which is to say I used nothing but "clean" tone. The guitar used was my Squier Bullet Strat.
What I can say about these strings so far is that yes, they break in faster and yes they project better compared to the D'Addario EXL120 sets I was using. Will I switch over to Dunlop? I just might, because so far they've proven to sound and feel very good - but - I just installed them.
Will they be able to survive a month (I change strings out at least once a month) without snapping and still sound good? I'll know in a month. 🙂
The song above is available as a free MP3 download on my tunes page, so go ahead and grab it from there if you like.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see