"Distance" song plus notes about Dunlop guitar strings
I decided to give Dunlop guitar strings a try (specifically, model DEN0942); they certainly have a different "character" about them, which is difficult to describe in words...
...so I wrote a quick song instead. :-) I purposely did it "acoustically," which is to say I used nothing but "clean" tone. The guitar used was my Squier Bullet Strat.
What I can say about these strings so far is that yes, they break in faster and yes they project better compared to the D'Addario EXL120 sets I was using. Will I switch over to Dunlop? I just might, because so far they've proven to sound and feel very good - but - I just installed them.
Will they be able to survive a month (I change strings out at least once a month) without snapping and still sound good? I'll know in a month. :-)
The song above is available as a free MP3 download on my tunes page, so go ahead and grab it from there if you like.
👍 Did you find this article helpful? Be a good doobie and leave a tip
More articles to check out
- State of the watch collection for end of 2019
- Why do we keep going back to the Stratocaster?
- The good and bad of preordering a guitar
- 1989 Squier II Stratocaster rides again
- Casio F-91W cheat sheet
- Did PRS win best black guitar of 2019?
- Black Friday guitars 2019
- The HSS guitar is not a good idea
- Cheap Strat copy replacement necks are sometimes better than genuine Fender
- This is most retro Casio watch released in almost 34 years