My new Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 arrived. Installation was mostly painless.
What impresses me the most isn't the speed or anything like that. It's how cool it runs:
The E8400 runs even cooler in my existing setup than my E4300 did. Very nice.
Overall I'm seeing a notable improvement just about everywhere. My VMWare sessions are a lot smoother. Apps do launch faster and seem to be more stable. There's a lot less 'stuttering' than before, particularly when I drag app windows around.
One thing I'm really pleased about is how much better Flash works. I can view full-screen YouTube HD flash videos like this one easy now.
So, yeah. I'm a happy guy. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see