GMail spam filters failing
I have a GMail (Google Mail) account that I use as a secondary e-mail address. Up until now it's been very good blocking spam. Not too much stuff has come through. But inevitably even the best spam filters fail. Such is the case with GMail. I've been receiving a ton of it. Fortunately it's my secondary account so no big deal.
My primary e-mail has SpamAssassin installed on the server it comes from. Absolutely brilliant product. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I sort of wish GMail would use SpamAssassin on their mail servers. I won't say it would stop spam cold, but most of the spam I'm getting on the GMail account now would be stopped by it.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984