In China, I'm a popular guy
This is something I find weird but cool at the same time:
Note the "Friends" count at the top. Yep. Forty contacts. They all added me and I added back.
It's weird because I have never had that many contacts on a single instant messenger service in the entire time I've been using instant messaging.
It's cool because look how many on the list are online. Seventeen! That's almost half the entire list. The only time I remember seeing anything close to this was when everyone was using AIM back in the day - a long, long time ago.
Want to know what's even cooler? The list is roughly a 50/50 split between men and women, with more women than men. On top of that, I think with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 users, all of them have chatted me.
The most surprising part of all? This all happened in just a week.
For those of you out there that are thinking, "Yeah, QQ International sounds cool and I want to add you to my contact list", my QQ number is 1410526940. If you want to add me, the easiest way I've found is to click Search Contacts at the very bottom (you'll see it in the screen shot above), and from the window that pops up, enter my QQ ID there and I'll add you in.
Note that it's not required to use the QQ client to use QQ. You can sign up and use the web-based version (Chinese only) or Pidgin.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing