In China, I'm a popular guy
This is something I find weird but cool at the same time:
Note the "Friends" count at the top. Yep. Forty contacts. They all added me and I added back.
It's weird because I have never had that many contacts on a single instant messenger service in the entire time I've been using instant messaging.
It's cool because look how many on the list are online. Seventeen! That's almost half the entire list. The only time I remember seeing anything close to this was when everyone was using AIM back in the day - a long, long time ago.
Want to know what's even cooler? The list is roughly a 50/50 split between men and women, with more women than men. On top of that, I think with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 users, all of them have chatted me.
The most surprising part of all? This all happened in just a week.
For those of you out there that are thinking, "Yeah, QQ International sounds cool and I want to add you to my contact list", my QQ number is 1410526940. If you want to add me, the easiest way I've found is to click Search Contacts at the very bottom (you'll see it in the screen shot above), and from the window that pops up, enter my QQ ID there and I'll add you in.
Note that it's not required to use the QQ client to use QQ. You can sign up and use the web-based version (Chinese only) or Pidgin.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see