instant messenger EXPLOSION
Here's something I bet you didn't know: Did you know you can't delete an AIM account? It's true. Once you sign up for one, it's there forever. I have 8 of them that I know of. Who knows, there may be more. I've been using the internet a long time and you rack up these things. You can delete MSN, Google and Yahoo accounts, but not AIM.
A while back I started using a password manager (which I highly recommend to keep track of your crap) and put every single account I've ever signed up for in there that I could remember. It includes a lot of IM accounts. I swear, if I didn't use a password manager I would have forgotten about all these IMs I have.
For kicks yesterday I started using Trillian again. I had the thought of, "I wonder what would happen if I put all my IM accounts in here? Will it work or crash and burn at having so many accounts logged in at once?"
So I put them all in. All the AIMs, Yahoos, MSNs and so on. The grand total: 23. Yes, 23 IM accounts.
Here's all the MSN and AIM accounts:
Ridiculous? Yes. I just wanted to see if it could be done.
On first attempt to connect all these at once, it crashed. 🙂 But on second attempt it actually worked and seems to be holding steady.
The funny part about this is that a few people over the years have a bunch of my accounts in their IM, so now all of a sudden I'll show online 5 or more times on their end, heh. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see