It was a good day..
Yesterday before heading out to band practice I looked at the strings on my guitar and noticed they were a bit on the "seriously used" side. I thought about changing them out but thought that they would hold out.
They almost did. 🙂
About 45 minutes before the session was over the A string busted. Drat. Magically another one was found that a previous band left on the floor in another room. I slapped it on and stretched it as best I could. It sorta/kinda stayed in tune for the most part.
Although this was cool, my D string busted 20 minutes after that. Oh, well. 🙂 Fortunately it was close to the end of the session time anyway so it wasn't a big deal.
I'm putting two extra packs of strings in my guitar case so I don't have to deal with that crap again.
In addition to that I'm bringing three guitars next week, that being the Schecter, the Guild and the Takamine acoustic. Odds are pretty much in my favor that at least one of them won't bust a string (much less break two) during rehearsal. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two