I recently have become familiar with another type of Florida bug, the jumping spider, plexippus variety.
These little spiders are less than 15mm long (very small), don't make webs and literally start hopping around if you get near one. They're considered "helper" spiders because they actually help get rid of pests. More info here on that (about half way down the page).
It is the weirdest thing to see a little spider start hopping instead of crawling. Hop, hop, hop, hop, hop. They jump around like rabbits. Sometimes they get in my place but it's no big deal. Even before I knew they were harmless, I wasn't threatened by them because they just don't look or act threatening at all.
Jumping spiders are like the Chihuahuas of the spider world. Small, cute, fast and a bit on the hyper side.
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp