I recently have become familiar with another type of Florida bug, the jumping spider, plexippus variety.
These little spiders are less than 15mm long (very small), don't make webs and literally start hopping around if you get near one. They're considered "helper" spiders because they actually help get rid of pests. More info here on that (about half way down the page).
It is the weirdest thing to see a little spider start hopping instead of crawling. Hop, hop, hop, hop, hop. They jump around like rabbits. Sometimes they get in my place but it's no big deal. Even before I knew they were harmless, I wasn't threatened by them because they just don't look or act threatening at all.
Jumping spiders are like the Chihuahuas of the spider world. Small, cute, fast and a bit on the hyper side.
9 days until the next newsletter. Don't miss out.
👍 Like this article? Send a tip.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Cheap guitar collectible for end of 2021, Squier Bullet Stratocaster HT
- There's still a need for the Tascam DP-006
- This year's Thanksgiving guitar, Gretsch G5031FT Rancher
- A thing to watch out for with cheap Strat copy guitars
- Burgundy Mist makes an appearance on a very affordable Telecaster
- Two mailing address solutions we don't use but should
- Bad vision friendly watch, Casio W218
- How I feel about the phone these days as a Gen-X in the 20s
- A better green Fender Telecaster
- Living with a high mileage car (over 144,000 miles!)