letting the ads flow
I'm one of those types who hates internet advertising so much that I actually have a custom HOSTS file (this one) that blocks the vast majority of ads out there.
However it's becoming increasingly apparent that certain web sites run like ass when you block the ads. Some scripting on the web site side gets broken, certain links don't work, etc.
I'm going to try something which is the complete opposite of what I normally do with my web stuff.
- I'm going to clear the HOSTS file. I can always get it back anyway, so no big deal.
- I'm going to allow all the cookies.
This is going to be an interesting experience seeing what the internet is like with nothing blocked. It may be good or it may tick me off so much that I go right back to the way I had things before.
We'll see. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see