letting the ads flow
I'm one of those types who hates internet advertising so much that I actually have a custom HOSTS file (this one) that blocks the vast majority of ads out there.
However it's becoming increasingly apparent that certain web sites run like ass when you block the ads. Some scripting on the web site side gets broken, certain links don't work, etc.
I'm going to try something which is the complete opposite of what I normally do with my web stuff.
- I'm going to clear the HOSTS file. I can always get it back anyway, so no big deal.
- I'm going to allow all the cookies.
This is going to be an interesting experience seeing what the internet is like with nothing blocked. It may be good or it may tick me off so much that I go right back to the way I had things before.
We'll see. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?