one out of two ain't bad
Of the two packages I have in transit from NewEgg, one of them is for-sure arriving today. The second? Maybe. I say this because according to the online tracking report, one is in transit to Tampa, the other in transit to Orlando.
One thing I've realized is that I definitely don't have the "Yay! New stuff!" attitude I normally have when I get new tech things of any kind concerning this PC build. I mean, yeah, it will be great to have a fast box. But then I have to install Windows XP, update the crap out of it, then install a ton of apps that I use. That's going to take some time.
Fortunately I have some things taken care of already.
My e-mail is Google Apps powered now, so I don't have to do any of that mail transfer crap. Previously I used Mozilla Thunderbird full time.
I now access all my apps via Launchy. And yeah, I'm totally hooked on that app. Previously I would have to have all my icons in very specific spots. My taskbar was double-high with a huge row of little icons. Put it this way, it went more than half-way across the screen, and I use 1680x1050 resolution. With Launchy there's none of that icon crap. Just type an app, press enter and it launches.
My bookmarks in Firefox are all handled with Foxmarks. All of them are stored and retrieved easily even in brand new Firefox installations, so when I install that browser on my new box, I just use Foxmarks to retrieve everything.
Even with all that in place, there is still so much to transfer over.
I'm probably making way too big of a deal out of this. 😉
More articles to check out
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see
- Using a stock guitar
- Fender Player Lead II is awful (get the III instead)