Picasa vs. Flickr
Part of the reason I haven't been posting more photos is because it is a PAIN IN THE ASS to manage them.
I was (and still am technically) using Picasa. Why? Because the Picasa application kicks ass.
If you put too many photos in a single album, when you view it online it doesn't paginate. In other words, so much stuff is loaded in your browser it could crash it.
I don't use Flickr because there is no application like Picasa for it.
Or is there?
I was shocked to find out that Windows Live Photo Gallery DOES have the ability to publish to Flickr. YES YES YES! Now I have an actual true-blue good ol' app to manage my photos and publish to Flickr.
I had thought the WL-Photo app only posted to Spaces. Windows Live Spaces isn't that good because it's just too frickin' slow and hard to share with. Flickr is definitely better.
Now that I have the ability to post photos direct to Flickr using an app I may switch to it.
Maybe. 🙂 It depends if Flickr and I "get along" or not.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing