the true last of the unearthed emails
Back in January I thought I'd found the last of emails I'd backed up to CD. Nope, I found more.
At right is a disc I had found at the bottom of a box full of papers I was shredding. Yes, it's a real CompUSA store-brand CD. Written on it are the faint words "MAIL BACKUP" and "XP SRV PACK 2". When I popped in the disc, no XP was present but quite a few emails were which is what I cared about anyway.
So what was on this disc? Email I'd thought I'd lost. A whole bunch from '04, '05 and '06. The '06 stuff particularly interested me because during that time I was using Gmail which COMPLETELY ERASED ALL MY '06 MAIL; this is why I don't use Gmail. But yeah, I definitely recovered stuff that I thought was gone forever, so awesome deal there.
What was even better is that the mail archives were in Thunderbird's MBOX format, so it imported right in with no trouble at all. And wouldn't you know, I actually put the CD in a paper sleeve originally so it was perfect when I found it.
Happy day. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?