the true last of the unearthed emails
Back in January I thought I'd found the last of emails I'd backed up to CD. Nope, I found more.
At right is a disc I had found at the bottom of a box full of papers I was shredding. Yes, it's a real CompUSA store-brand CD. Written on it are the faint words "MAIL BACKUP" and "XP SRV PACK 2". When I popped in the disc, no XP was present but quite a few emails were which is what I cared about anyway.
So what was on this disc? Email I'd thought I'd lost. A whole bunch from '04, '05 and '06. The '06 stuff particularly interested me because during that time I was using Gmail which COMPLETELY ERASED ALL MY '06 MAIL; this is why I don't use Gmail. But yeah, I definitely recovered stuff that I thought was gone forever, so awesome deal there.
What was even better is that the mail archives were in Thunderbird's MBOX format, so it imported right in with no trouble at all. And wouldn't you know, I actually put the CD in a paper sleeve originally so it was perfect when I found it.
Happy day. 🙂
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp