where they make the best taquitos
it's not a shark
Something I forgot to mention: While at Honeymoon Island on Saturday I spotted what looked like sharks in the ocean. They weren't. They were dolphins. A whole bunch of 'em.
It was my first time ever seeing wild dolphins.
smiling faces, happy places
I finally found the elusive place I was taken to seven months ago.
In September '06 a girl took me to a beach somewhere in Tampa Bay. At the time we visited I said to myself "Y'know, I should bookmark this place in my GPS."
That girl and I don't talk anymore (drifted apart), but ever since then I have been trying like mad to find that frickin' beach. The only thing I remembered about it is that there was a very specific 7-Eleven right before it along a long road leading to the place.
Trust me, you have no idea how NUTS this made me not knowing where this beach was. As you may or may not be aware, FL has tons of beaches, and trying to remember any specific one without knowing the name of it will drive you up a wall - or in my case, driving to every near-coast 7-Eleven in Tampa bay desperately trying to find where the frig you had been before.
Do you have any idea how many 7-Elevens there are in Tampa Bay alone? Trust me, you don't wanna know. 🙂
And oh yeah, I bookmarked it in the GPS this time.
Recently I discovered that BBS: The Documentary by Jason Scott was available for view on Google Video.
So I checked it out. If you like, you can watch it too. I recommend watching the highlights first, then if you want, view the big presentation. And if you still want more after that, click "From this user" on the Google Video thing to see the other sections.
In the pre-internet days of the early 90's I was heavy into BBS's. At one point I ran one using ProBoard 2.16.
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone