youtube partner user attempt #2
I was going to wait until I hit the 500 subscriber mark, but I'm at 181 on my YouTube channel, so I decided to have another run at being a partner user and applied.
On my first attempt I tried using my RMenga channel; it was denied because of two copyright strikes all the way back from 2007. Otherwise I would have made partner easily because I have 900+ subs on that channel plus 5 videos over the 100,000-view mark. Bear in mind that was with no promotion whatsoever.
This time around I'm using my other channel because it hasn't any no-no's that go against YouTube community guidelines - and I intend to keep it that way.
I figured that even though I only have 181 subs, I'm in the same boat whether I apply now or later. You can only apply for partner once every two months, so there's no reason to wait.
There aren't any required rules for partnership, but there are things you have to do which is for all intents and purposes is common sense.
- You must have an approved AdSense account
- Post videos regularly (at least once a week)
- Actively reply to comments
- Always approve friend requests
- Post vids that get views
- Post original content
- Don't post spammy crap
It's 6 and 7 that most people fail at doing. When you steal, you will be caught. When you spam, same deal. It's not "just the internet" when it comes to stuff like that because people will call you on it. And contrary to belief they won't forget the stealing/spammy crap you did either. The hive mind of the internet is very forgetful, except when it gets stolen from or spammed. When that happens, yeah, you're pretty much screwed.
If I do get approved for partner, you can bet your ass I'll be ramping up music-making and promo something fierce. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago