youtube partner user attempt #2
I was going to wait until I hit the 500 subscriber mark, but I'm at 181 on my YouTube channel, so I decided to have another run at being a partner user and applied.
On my first attempt I tried using my RMenga channel; it was denied because of two copyright strikes all the way back from 2007. Otherwise I would have made partner easily because I have 900+ subs on that channel plus 5 videos over the 100,000-view mark. Bear in mind that was with no promotion whatsoever.
This time around I'm using my other channel because it hasn't any no-no's that go against YouTube community guidelines - and I intend to keep it that way.
I figured that even though I only have 181 subs, I'm in the same boat whether I apply now or later. You can only apply for partner once every two months, so there's no reason to wait.
There aren't any required rules for partnership, but there are things you have to do which is for all intents and purposes is common sense.
- You must have an approved AdSense account
- Post videos regularly (at least once a week)
- Actively reply to comments
- Always approve friend requests
- Post vids that get views
- Post original content
- Don't post spammy crap
It's 6 and 7 that most people fail at doing. When you steal, you will be caught. When you spam, same deal. It's not "just the internet" when it comes to stuff like that because people will call you on it. And contrary to belief they won't forget the stealing/spammy crap you did either. The hive mind of the internet is very forgetful, except when it gets stolen from or spammed. When that happens, yeah, you're pretty much screwed.
If I do get approved for partner, you can bet your ass I'll be ramping up music-making and promo something fierce. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing