24 days later, and... yeah, i still hate facebook
It's been 24 days since I posted anything to Facebook, so today I decided to connect my Twitter account to it so I could cross-post from Twitter to Facebook, figuring I might as well post something there and not let it rot.
Well, that didn't work.
No matter how many times I authorized, deauthorized, auth'd again, deauth'd again, did the auth/deauth thing both on the Twitter and Facebook side to start "clean" each time, purposely used a browser with a cleared cache/cookies, and... no. Not working.
This is supposed to mean my tweets will be reposted to my Facebook fan page:
Everything is set up correct, but no worky.
So anyway, Twitter is auth'd to FB, and FB under the 'Resources' section of fan page admin is auth'd to Twitter. And, on FB the Twitter tab did appear...
...so it's confirmed installed correctly, not that that matters because it doesn't work.
Twitter never complains about what you connect to it, and it always works. Conversely, Facebook always complains about what you connect to it, and breaks constantly.
Will it ever work? I have no idea. I'm just going to leave what's there as-is and if by some magic intervention it starts working, great. If not.. whatever. Maybe I'll try auth/deauth again in a few days. Facebook has its "moods", don'cha know...
I found something that (currently) posts from Twitter to FB correctly, Selective Twitter. It's not perfect and I have to add in #fb at the tail of anything I want to post from Twitter to FB, but hey, it works. 🙂
[update 5/29/13 (again)]
Selective Twitter worked, then just stopped working. Sigh...
Guess it's back to using HootSuite, because at least I know that works.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing