And the Darwin award goes to...
I was just watching the CBS Evening News and watched the story about the tragic events that happened at the Boy Scout Jamboree in Bowling Green, VA. Firstly, the heat made around 300 people sick from heat exhaustion and they are recovering - that's the good part. The bad part is that four Scout leaders died.
Was it the heat that killed them? Nope. Sickness or ailment? Nope. Bad s'mores? Nope.
The reason for the deaths is that the leaders decided to pitch a tent UNDER A POWER LINE and got electrocuted to death.
Couldn't believe it when I heard it. Boy Scouts (never mind their leaders) are supposed to be the end-all/be-all when it comes to safety. Their motto is "Safety First".
Think about it. Out of all people in this world that would die due to something which is an obvious safety threat, that takes the cake, bar none. You can't say "Well, they didn't know." These are scout leaders. They, above everyone else, should have known not to pitch a tent under a LIVE power line.
Of course, I felt bad when I watched the story. I am not diminishing their deaths in any way whatsoever. It's a tragedy, no doubt about it. My sincerest condolences go out to the 'Scouts and their families.
Pitching a tent + Power lines directly overhead = Bad idea.
More articles to check out
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago
- Fender actually came correct with the Jag-Stang this time
- $10 fix for Fender Stratocaster tight string tension problem
- Alnico vs. ceramic magnet electric guitar pickups
- This is the proper orientation for a Stratocaster knob
- 2021 Fender Player Stratocaster Limited Edition Surf Pearl
- And then there were two (guitar minimalism)
- The 2,140 Calorie milkshake
- Reverse headstock S-style with "cheese wheel" for cheap