Big fish eat little fish
My late grandfather had an Intellivision game system, purchased specifically so my sister and I could play video games while over at grandpa's house. Grandpa had many games for us to choose from including Horse Racing, Frog Bog, Auto Racing*, Bomb Squad**, B-17 Bomber and many, many others.
I played one particular game either at a friend's house or at Toys'R'Us (don't exactly remember which one) and it was called Shark! Shark! I told grandpa about it and the next week he got the game.
Someone was nice enough to write an article about it.
I have some further information to add to this game: It's addicting as hell. You can play this for hours. Definitely one of the best Intellivision games ever released, if not the best. The game is so simple, yet challenging and just outright a blast to play.
* Small trivia: In the early seasons of Knight Rider, one episode featured K.I.T.T. "tracking" a car, and guess what was on his screen. Yep, you guessed it, it showed gameplay of Auto Racing on the Intellivision. I guess the game console was part of K.I.T.T.'s programming. 😉
** Another mini-review/rememberance: Bomb Squad is the game that literally got us all cheering at the screen. This was a game that used the Intellivoice module. The goal of the game is simple: Defuse a bomb. Reaching this goal (even on the simplest level) was not an easy task. You had a set time to defuse the bomb (15 minutes for example) and had to use specific tools to defuse parts of the bomb. I remember many times where the bomb was defused mere seconds before the time was up. This game required a lot of effort to play but it was still fun. Not as fun as Shark! Shark! but still a blast (bad pun alert) to play.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?