cold snap, warm memories
It doesn't go below freezing often here in Tampa Florida, but tonight it will. There aren't many notably cold days in Tampa either, but tomorrow it will be.
The low over the course of the night is predicted to drop to 23 F. And while I do have a strong aversion to cold, this is one of those instances where it doesn't really bother me. The fact I have to bundle up under the covers when I go to bed is a comforting feeling. I did a lot of that growing up in the north during the colder months.
A long time ago I learned that you should always have extra blankets when the need arises. The way my bed is set up is that there's a fitted sheet, regular sheet, blanket and then what I call a "grandma" blanket (it's a woven sorta/kinda single-color afghan type thing I found at Target) on top of that. Most of the time I sleep on top of the blanket and use the grandma blanket because it's not solid and won't roast me during the hotter months. If it's cooler, I go under the regular blanket. If it's really cold, I go under the sheet for three layers.
It's really rare I have to do the 3-layer thing. Tonight might be one of those nights.
Like this article?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- You don't need a solar watch
- Is the Bic Soft Feel the perfect pen?
- How to find really cheap new electric guitar necks
- Ridiculous: Ibanez Altstar ALT30
- SX Hawk in Lake Placid Blue is good
- Guitar neck thickness vs. shoulder
- Goodbye 2021
- My mild obsession with pens and pencils
- SX Hawk from Rondo on the way, and why I bought it
- A big problem with many quartz digital wristwatches