don't cry, don't raise your eye
Title of this entry is from one of the best songs ever written.
A cop knocked on my apartment door this morning. For some reason I knew it was a police officer just by the way he knocked. BAP BAP BAP BAP BAP. I think they're trained to knock that way or something.
Good morning, sir, there was a white car stolen from here a few hours ago. Did you see anything?
No, sorry, I haven't.
Okay, thanks, much appreciated, sir.
And that was it. By the tone in the officer's voice I could tell he really didn't have much faith that anyone had seen anything. Most likely he was just going around the neighborhood trying to find a witness but was having no luck.
The white car he was referring to is something no one would had given a second look to back in Connecticut. Camaro? Firebird? Corvette? Nope. Civic? Integra? Prelude? Nope. Mercedes Benz? BMW? Lexus? Not even close.
It was a Mercury Grand Marquis.
Yeah. The big boat. The only reason I know this is because the people who owned it always seemed to be having problems with it every other day.
Why anyone on earth would steal that car I have no idea.
And the person who stole it probably had the car break down ten minutes after driving it.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see