forgetting the day rule
Before I get into the day's activities, here's a Pop Update: He's fine, out of the hospital and now in an assisted living center for physiotherapy. And that will only be for a few weeks. Then he's back home again.
I experienced TDR today with my adventures in finances. More on that in a moment.
From inspecting a few options at BankRate, I know I can get way better. I had asked specifically about the 5/1 ARM, which is my mortgage o' choice, and the quote I got absolutely sucked. No thanks, QuickLoans, you lost a potential customer.
This is the first of most likely many phone calls I will make concerning mortgage loans. I am purposely doing this before I even think about actually seeing a house. This is proper and correct course of action as far as I'm concerned.
I called Wells Fargo somewhere around 3pm. A ditzy broad answers my call, takes my information and obviously sounded like it was her first day on the job. Not good.
However, when I got transferred to an actual loan officer by the name of Garrett, that guy knew what he was doing, but.... then he says "Okay, Richard, would you mind if I put you on hold for a few minutes while I get the information from the computer?"
A few minutes pass by.
Garrett comes back.
"The computer is running slow.. could I call you back later this evening?"
Ahhhhh CRAP. TDR strikes again. Whenever you get that "computer is slow" thing, that means "I have a bunch of other crap to clear out before the end of the day, wait until tomorrow."
So I say "Yeah. Sure."
And of course, no callback for today.
I expect to be called before noon tomorrow with a quote on the re-fi.
No, I'm not ticked off. I just forgot about The Day Rule. Next time I do this, I'm calling at 9am like I should have in the first place. (grin)
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see