Later on today I'm heading to practice which may potentially turn into a gig. The guys said there's a local place where we could get up there and play a super-short set (as in not more than 6 songs). It's a maybe/maybe not kind of thing. Most likely it'll just be a practice. But then again, who knows.
I sat back and thought about when the last time was that I actually played in front of anybody.
The answer is years. Several years. It's been a really long time. It'll be interesting once I hit the stage, that's for sure. I'm sure I'll do fine, but it's been a long time.
~ ~ ~
Aside from that, my attitude towards playing music now is a whole lot different from the way it used to be. As I said before I used to be of the opinion that cover songs are nothing but a big ball of suck and wanted absolutely nothing to do with them.
I know now that attitude was wrong. Had I actually sat down and learned some cover tunes I could have been actively gigging. Live and learn.
However I still won't play country music because I think country music sucks. 🙂 There has never been any song by any country artist I've ever liked. People tried to turn me on to it, but every time I hear the "drawl" it makes me nauseous. You can take your songs played with steel guitars and fiddles complemented with lyrics about pickup trucks and cowboys and shove it - because I wanted nothing to do with that. Ever. 🙂
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Hamburger: The Motion Picture
- Guys who own stupid expensive and stupid cheap guitars at the same time
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one