Later on today I'm heading to practice which may potentially turn into a gig. The guys said there's a local place where we could get up there and play a super-short set (as in not more than 6 songs). It's a maybe/maybe not kind of thing. Most likely it'll just be a practice. But then again, who knows.
I sat back and thought about when the last time was that I actually played in front of anybody.
The answer is years. Several years. It's been a really long time. It'll be interesting once I hit the stage, that's for sure. I'm sure I'll do fine, but it's been a long time.
~ ~ ~
Aside from that, my attitude towards playing music now is a whole lot different from the way it used to be. As I said before I used to be of the opinion that cover songs are nothing but a big ball of suck and wanted absolutely nothing to do with them.
I know now that attitude was wrong. Had I actually sat down and learned some cover tunes I could have been actively gigging. Live and learn.
However I still won't play country music because I think country music sucks. 🙂 There has never been any song by any country artist I've ever liked. People tried to turn me on to it, but every time I hear the "drawl" it makes me nauseous. You can take your songs played with steel guitars and fiddles complemented with lyrics about pickup trucks and cowboys and shove it - because I wanted nothing to do with that. Ever. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing