Later on today I'm heading to practice which may potentially turn into a gig. The guys said there's a local place where we could get up there and play a super-short set (as in not more than 6 songs). It's a maybe/maybe not kind of thing. Most likely it'll just be a practice. But then again, who knows.
I sat back and thought about when the last time was that I actually played in front of anybody.
The answer is years. Several years. It's been a really long time. It'll be interesting once I hit the stage, that's for sure. I'm sure I'll do fine, but it's been a long time.
~ ~ ~
Aside from that, my attitude towards playing music now is a whole lot different from the way it used to be. As I said before I used to be of the opinion that cover songs are nothing but a big ball of suck and wanted absolutely nothing to do with them.
I know now that attitude was wrong. Had I actually sat down and learned some cover tunes I could have been actively gigging. Live and learn.
However I still won't play country music because I think country music sucks. 🙂 There has never been any song by any country artist I've ever liked. People tried to turn me on to it, but every time I hear the "drawl" it makes me nauseous. You can take your songs played with steel guitars and fiddles complemented with lyrics about pickup trucks and cowboys and shove it - because I wanted nothing to do with that. Ever. 🙂
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see