Han shoots first
I received my copies of the original releases (as in the versions before the "Special Edition" was released in 1997) of Star Wars episodes IV, V and VI. Some of you out there will know these as the "faces" editions, meaning the ones with the large character faces on the VHS covers.
Last night I watched the first one (A New Hope). I had almost forgotten what the movie looked like previous to 1997 and it was very good to see it in its original form with none of the "fixed" stuff. Personally I thought it was great. In all honesty I can understand why certain things were originally cut from the originals now; the film just has a much better flow throughout. I also thought the end battle scenes were way better in their original version because there was a much more organic looking (meaning better looking) feel to it.
I'm happy I got them. This is how I remember the movies. (grin)
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches