Han shoots first
I received my copies of the original releases (as in the versions before the "Special Edition" was released in 1997) of Star Wars episodes IV, V and VI. Some of you out there will know these as the "faces" editions, meaning the ones with the large character faces on the VHS covers.
Last night I watched the first one (A New Hope). I had almost forgotten what the movie looked like previous to 1997 and it was very good to see it in its original form with none of the "fixed" stuff. Personally I thought it was great. In all honesty I can understand why certain things were originally cut from the originals now; the film just has a much better flow throughout. I also thought the end battle scenes were way better in their original version because there was a much more organic looking (meaning better looking) feel to it.
I'm happy I got them. This is how I remember the movies. (grin)
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?
- And then there were the right two
- Squier Sub-Sonic, the 24 fret baritone guitar from 20 years ago