Han shoots first
I received my copies of the original releases (as in the versions before the "Special Edition" was released in 1997) of Star Wars episodes IV, V and VI. Some of you out there will know these as the "faces" editions, meaning the ones with the large character faces on the VHS covers.
Last night I watched the first one (A New Hope). I had almost forgotten what the movie looked like previous to 1997 and it was very good to see it in its original form with none of the "fixed" stuff. Personally I thought it was great. In all honesty I can understand why certain things were originally cut from the originals now; the film just has a much better flow throughout. I also thought the end battle scenes were way better in their original version because there was a much more organic looking (meaning better looking) feel to it.
I'm happy I got them. This is how I remember the movies. (grin)
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see