i have been a fool for lesser things
Title of this entry comes from an innocent man.
Although I wrote about this elsewhere recently, the online personals thoroughly disgust me. It's mainly due to the reason that about 99% (give or take) of the girls on these things lie, lie and lie some more. It's just sad. I wish there was a personals service where it was a prerequisite that only geeky and/or dorky girls were allowed to post ads. I like girls like that because I get along with them very well. The ones that have an agenda for being "cool" I want absolutely nothing to do with.
And with that said, I'm making a vow not to go near those personals for a while (hopefully never). Yeah, I'll be lonely, but whatever. Better to be lonely than lied to. I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking that as long as I'm alone I might as well make the best of it and stop wallowing on about being single. Fuggit.
It's a good thing I have hobbies.
I'm going to be doing a lot of driving this weekend. I have to drive to Inverness to pick up Pop for the shuttle launch, then to Merritt Island, then back to Inverness, then back to Tampa. Total driving time: Just short of seven hours (combined).
The launch will be cool and all, but I'm not looking forward to all this driving.
Four of these hours will be with Pop as a passenger. Although I love my Pop dearly, my patience will be tested. Would you want to spend four hours in a car with your mom or dad? Probably not.
Normally I leave on Thursdays to head up north but this time I'm staying in Tampa until Saturday. There are music things and writing things I need to finish up.
More articles to check out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing