netbook stuff, facebook stuff
On my lil' netbook I use the Opera browser the most because it runs the fastest. However the update to 10.52 was one of the rudest updates I've ever encountered. I start the browser, nothing happens, then a screen pops up stating it's updating the browser. Um.. okay? Then it plops an Opera icon on my desktop which I did NOT ask for, then it finally loaded.
The way Opera 10 updates itself sucks. I knew what was going on, but for other people they'd think their computer was getting hacked or something.
~ ~ ~
Once again I blanked my Facebook wall. It seems every other day I'm reading something about how Facebook simply doesn't care at all about privacy whatsoever, so much that I said screw that and just blanked it. My account is still active so people can send me messages and whatnot, but I won't be posting anything there for a while.
Oh, and I found another little gem of Facebook stupidity, Notes. If you feed in your blog from there, it downloads and copies any and all images, and stores it on their servers. There's no way to disable it from doing that. Lovely, eh?
On top of that, in typical Facebook fashion, there's no way to mass-delete Notes posts, so you have to delete one by one. What a pain in the ass that was. If that wasn't bad enough, it appears there is no setting whatsoever to tell Notes to STOP pulling in a feed from your blog.
And on top of THAT, Notes is integrated as a standard Facebook app, so you can't remove it.
How crappy can you GET, Facebook? Seriously?
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp