netbook stuff, facebook stuff
On my lil' netbook I use the Opera browser the most because it runs the fastest. However the update to 10.52 was one of the rudest updates I've ever encountered. I start the browser, nothing happens, then a screen pops up stating it's updating the browser. Um.. okay? Then it plops an Opera icon on my desktop which I did NOT ask for, then it finally loaded.
The way Opera 10 updates itself sucks. I knew what was going on, but for other people they'd think their computer was getting hacked or something.
~ ~ ~
Once again I blanked my Facebook wall. It seems every other day I'm reading something about how Facebook simply doesn't care at all about privacy whatsoever, so much that I said screw that and just blanked it. My account is still active so people can send me messages and whatnot, but I won't be posting anything there for a while.
Oh, and I found another little gem of Facebook stupidity, Notes. If you feed in your blog from there, it downloads and copies any and all images, and stores it on their servers. There's no way to disable it from doing that. Lovely, eh?
On top of that, in typical Facebook fashion, there's no way to mass-delete Notes posts, so you have to delete one by one. What a pain in the ass that was. If that wasn't bad enough, it appears there is no setting whatsoever to tell Notes to STOP pulling in a feed from your blog.
And on top of THAT, Notes is integrated as a standard Facebook app, so you can't remove it.
How crappy can you GET, Facebook? Seriously?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?