For the longest time I had no idea where the word "blog" came from. I thought it was just one of those made-up computer words like WYSIWYG (pronounced "wizzy-wig" which means What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get). "Blog" is not a made up word, it's just a bad shortening of two words combined for no reason.
And here's the definition:
"Blog" comes from "weblog" which comes from "web log", which means "an electronic journal" more or less.
I never knew it went so deep. (grin)
The look of this site is changing over again. Right now it's very plain as I write this, but I will spruce it up shortly. That is all, carry on. 🙂
I recently found a solution to my e-mail problem, which is: How can I get to my mail from the web, use a local e-mail program like Thunderbird and have all this stuff "sync" with each other? Answer: IMAP.
IMAP is a neat thing because it keeps all the mail on the mail server rather than downloading it directly, sorta/kinda. It works much the same way webmail does, with one exception: You can backup your mail locally if you want to, which is something I absolutely require.
I actually had IMAP offered by my web host provider this whole time and never knew it, who'da thunk it? (grin)
Yes there are good points and bad points to IMAP, but all in all this is a good solution for me. I can now get to my mail from a web browser or from an IMAP enabled mail client (like Thunderbird or Outlook Express), and they all "sync" with each other since all the mail is kept on the server. When I get too much mail on the server I can download all the mail then back it up.
Good deal. 🙂
- Smashing a guitar is a really stupid idea
- My favorite China copy relic guitars
- Do maple fretboards sound different compared to rosewood?
- Does Fender play it too safe with American Professional Stratocaster colors?
- The stigma of an HH Strat
- Squier tuner replacements
- Whatever happened to the Washburn Nuno Bettencourt N4 guitar?
- LED Christmas lights are still terrible
- Casio A158, the "steel" version of the F-91W
- Gibson's "Norlin era" electric guitars
- What is a good watch for winter?
- I haven't upgraded to Windows 11 (and probably won't)
- The future of USB is C and A
- I've been using Tracfone for over 10 years
- This cassette is an MP3 player with 3 layers of retro going on