phpBB.com gets hacked
Evidently this sent some shockwaves through the web hosting community as several providers pulled phpBB right off their site as soon as this happened, according to phpBB themselves.
phpBB states bluntly that "..we do not believe, nor do we have any reason to believe, that our system was compromised due to any fault in phpBB 2.0.11." Whether or not this is true is left for you to decide, but in defense of phpBB, the last major exploit was a problem with PHP itself, not phpBB. Personally speaking, if phpBB immediately releases a new patch when the site goes back up, this would confirm there was a problem with the existing software. If they don't, then their claim of "it wasn't our softwares fault" will be true - but that's just my opinion.
We'll see how this one fares out I guess.
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone