state of the youtube
Since I started watching videos on YouTube 2 years ago (roughly) a lot of interesting stuff has happened.
The most interesting stuff has been YouTube's "community". I put that word in quotes because their community is a joke.
The worst flame-throwing trash-talk I ever witnessed was the in-game text chat playing Counter-Strike on public servers.
But then there's YouTube. You can take the absolute worst chatters of Counter-Strike and amplify that by at least a billion. That's YouTube. Even CS players know this is true. Well.. for those who still play CS anyway.
Recently a few "celebrity" YouTube users have brought to attention that cyber-bullying is a legitimate problem.
Is it? I don't know. You be the judge.
I do however know that YouTube has held the unofficial title for a while now as having the absolute worst "community" user experience. You literally cannot surf that site without seeing the never-ending wave of negative crap going thru that place.
It's gotten so bad that people are dropping off that site left and right, including some of the more popular "celebrities".
YouTube users have been more or less screaming that Google has got to do something about this.
Well, sorry folks, they can't. That's what you get with a community that has been given the ability to police itself, so to speak. You don't like the negative wave that goes thru the site and never stops? Tough luck. You can't call on Google like screaming for your mother to kiss it and make it all better because that's just not the way it works. You want "community"? Well, you got it, warts and all.
Deal with it.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see