the facebook privacy scare did in fact have an effect
Even though Facebook's privacy policies are about as strong as a wet napkin, I did not delete my account. Instead, as I mentioned before, I shelled it. The only reason I did this is just in case anyone wants to contact through that medium.
After not logging into FB for close to a week (I had no reason to after shelling my profile), I logged in to see what people were blabbing about.
I noticed something interesting.
People were a lot less forthcoming with what they wrote. The conversation on the walls there is so generic now you could replace every word with X and it would read exactly the same way.
This says to me that people simply don't trust the system; they're all too afraid to write anything too personal for fear the information might be leaked out somewhere.
The glory days of Facebook, if there ever were any, are officially over.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see