The Inspiron is spreading...
About a week after I bought my new laptop my sister's computer over where she is in college died. Kaput. I told her about the new laptop I bought and she wanted one also. I got her the same model as mine (Dell Inspiron 6000) except that I cut a few things here and there to save on cost, like putting Windows XP Home on it instead of Pro and a few other things.
Yesterday I got the unit from UPS. Works great. I put all the apps I needed to on there for her, including the ones she requested (like MSN Messenger and AOL messenger) and it's ready to go.
The only thing I'm not looking forward to is actually shipping this thing. Even though my sister is paying for the shipping, it's going to be about 175 bucks!!! Damn!! It costs that much because she's in St. Kitts..
DAMN is that expensive. Were I to ship it local it would be under 15.
Sometimes I take for granted that we have things really good in the U.S., including our shipping. When shipping out of the country, it's a big wake-up call. Big. (grin)
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp