U.S. Cellular hates me
I just got back from the mall. I went because I needed to get a cell phone. U.S. Cellular is the dominant carrier around these parts and people have told me the coverage is good so I decided that that's what I want to get.
I get to the U.S. Cellular store in the mall and stand for a half-hour waiting for a salesperson to get to me (there were only two). One finally finishes up and gets to me. I explain what I want, picked out a phone, then the sales guy called away and started to do his thing with the activation.
I was then told that even though I provided a driver's license and a social security card as identification, U.S. Cellular would not accept it. They said that I would have to get a ceritifcate from the Social Security Office in order to get a phone.
Let me repeat that again: I had my SSN card on me and presented it to the sales guy. You know, the one issued by the Social Security Administration themeselves - and this wasn't good enough.
Either I go to the local SSA office and get this documentation, or I go get TRAC phone instead.
Even if I do get a TRAC phone I think I'll pay a visit to the SSA office to see what's up.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Guys who own stupid expensive and stupid cheap guitars at the same time
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods