U.S. Cellular hates me
I just got back from the mall. I went because I needed to get a cell phone. U.S. Cellular is the dominant carrier around these parts and people have told me the coverage is good so I decided that that's what I want to get.
I get to the U.S. Cellular store in the mall and stand for a half-hour waiting for a salesperson to get to me (there were only two). One finally finishes up and gets to me. I explain what I want, picked out a phone, then the sales guy called away and started to do his thing with the activation.
I was then told that even though I provided a driver's license and a social security card as identification, U.S. Cellular would not accept it. They said that I would have to get a ceritifcate from the Social Security Office in order to get a phone.
Let me repeat that again: I had my SSN card on me and presented it to the sales guy. You know, the one issued by the Social Security Administration themeselves - and this wasn't good enough.
Either I go to the local SSA office and get this documentation, or I go get TRAC phone instead.
Even if I do get a TRAC phone I think I'll pay a visit to the SSA office to see what's up.
More articles to check out
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984
- A list of ridiculously accurate watches