U.S. Cellular hates me
I just got back from the mall. I went because I needed to get a cell phone. U.S. Cellular is the dominant carrier around these parts and people have told me the coverage is good so I decided that that's what I want to get.
I get to the U.S. Cellular store in the mall and stand for a half-hour waiting for a salesperson to get to me (there were only two). One finally finishes up and gets to me. I explain what I want, picked out a phone, then the sales guy called away and started to do his thing with the activation.
I was then told that even though I provided a driver's license and a social security card as identification, U.S. Cellular would not accept it. They said that I would have to get a ceritifcate from the Social Security Office in order to get a phone.
Let me repeat that again: I had my SSN card on me and presented it to the sales guy. You know, the one issued by the Social Security Administration themeselves - and this wasn't good enough.
Either I go to the local SSA office and get this documentation, or I go get TRAC phone instead.
Even if I do get a TRAC phone I think I'll pay a visit to the SSA office to see what's up.
More articles to check out
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone
- 5 awesome Casio watches you never see