world, keep on turnin'
Title of this entry is a lyric from a funky song - and it still kicks ass to this day. Even the video still kicks ass.
Last night I chatted with a girl from Russia who will be visiting Florida either in December or later. We talked about a lot of stuff, but the one thing that hit me like a ton of bricks is that prior to 1991, we wouldn't have even been able to have a conversation.
Things like that throw you for a loop or two.
From the history I'm aware of between the then-USSR and the USA, the entire reason we didn't blow each other up to smithereens and end the world as we know it is simply because..
It was wrong and we both knew it.
That's why the red button was never pushed.
That's why we're all still alive.
I am very happy that we are friends with Russia. Instead of worrying about whether they'll blow us up, I now chat with beautiful girls there, where questions like What time is it there? and What's the temperature over there? really are interesting. 🙂
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984