I had to go over to my pop's computer to test something and I noticed on his computer that a "Yahoo Toolbar Update" notice appeared.
Note before continuing: I have my pop's computer completely "Yahoo-ized". This is for ease of use on his part. Personally speaking I never install any of that crap on my computers. But on his it's okay because he is what I consider a "safe" internet user and doesn't do stupid things on the internet like.. 99% of the rest of people do. Anyway..
I installed the update. A new feature was the Yahoo Anti-Spy. This is spyware detection software. I tried it out. Since my pop doesn't really surf 'round that much on the 'net it didn't find much but a couple of cookies here and there - but it did work.
I have to say it was nice of Yahoo to actually provide anti-spy software that's right there and easy to install. Will I use it? Nope. I have other utilities I already use. But for Joe/Jane Average internet user this should be good. How well it works I don't know - but at least it's better than nothing for most folks out there.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984