yay, free skype account for absolutely no reason at all
In yet another example of Stupid Crap That Happens With Rich's Yahoo! Account, I check the account and get this email:
Hey, cool, a new Skype account - THAT I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR in a language I don't even speak. Yes, it's a real email and not a spoof/scam/phish.
Somehow someone managed to register a Skype account with my Yahoo! email address. I can't even tell you how that's possible being you have to confirm your address in order to do that - but it happened.
I said "Well, fuggit, as long as it's registered...", go to login to Skype, hit 'Forgot Password', had the system send me a new temporary password, used it, reset password and now the account I'll never use is officially mine.
And this is one of several reasons I'm happy I don't use Yahoo! as my primary email anymore.
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone