yay, free skype account for absolutely no reason at all
In yet another example of Stupid Crap That Happens With Rich's Yahoo! Account, I check the account and get this email:
Hey, cool, a new Skype account - THAT I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR in a language I don't even speak. Yes, it's a real email and not a spoof/scam/phish.
Somehow someone managed to register a Skype account with my Yahoo! email address. I can't even tell you how that's possible being you have to confirm your address in order to do that - but it happened.
I said "Well, fuggit, as long as it's registered...", go to login to Skype, hit 'Forgot Password', had the system send me a new temporary password, used it, reset password and now the account I'll never use is officially mine.
And this is one of several reasons I'm happy I don't use Yahoo! as my primary email anymore.
More articles to check out
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp
- Spacehunter, that '80s movie when 3D was a thing
- The Ice Pirates 1984