all those little bots...
Recently I fired up my ICQ client after not having done so in a while. As I was doing my work with my blogging and whatnot, I noticed something, or rather a lack of something - the ICQ client was silent. There were no spammy buddy requests coming in - and I always get those. But they shockingly haven't been happening at all.
Is this a result of Rustock getting killed off? I'm pretty sure it is, because spam obviously isn't limited to just email, and I'm pretty sure the ICQ admins didn't have some miraculous new spam-prevention technique implemented that magically killed ICQ spam overnight.
I've been using ICQ a long time, and I seriously never thought I'd see the day where the spam on ICQ would just... end. It's weird that the ICQ spam isn't there - BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING. 🙂 Hopefully spam-free ICQ will last for a good long while.
More articles to check out
- 32GB microSD memory cards might be on the way out
- Ibanez does a "Negative Antigua" finish
- The guitar some buy in threes because they can: Grote GT-150
- You're not allowed to change a brake light in a new car?
- Unexpected surprise, Casio F201
- Why the Epiphone Explorer is better than the Gibson (for now)
- You should surround yourself in guitar luxury
- Forgotten Gibson: 1983 Map Guitar
- Casio MTP-V003, the one everyone missed
- Just for the look: Peavey Solo guitar amp