all those little bots...
Recently I fired up my ICQ client after not having done so in a while. As I was doing my work with my blogging and whatnot, I noticed something, or rather a lack of something - the ICQ client was silent. There were no spammy buddy requests coming in - and I always get those. But they shockingly haven't been happening at all.
Is this a result of Rustock getting killed off? I'm pretty sure it is, because spam obviously isn't limited to just email, and I'm pretty sure the ICQ admins didn't have some miraculous new spam-prevention technique implemented that magically killed ICQ spam overnight.
I've been using ICQ a long time, and I seriously never thought I'd see the day where the spam on ICQ would just... end. It's weird that the ICQ spam isn't there - BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING. 🙂 Hopefully spam-free ICQ will last for a good long while.
More articles to check out
- I bought an Ibanez AS73, and then returned it
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time