another sign i'm getting older wiser
Back in my teens and early 20's, I read nothing but Four Wheeler and Motor Trend magazine. Every month I would read them cover to cover. I knew everything there was to know about new cars and trucks. And I wanted them all.
Lately I've been getting bit by the car bug. I want another car. Something small, sporty and too fast for its own good.
But then I look at the truck I drive now. It looks good. It runs good. I can afford it. Mileage is excellent. Has the utility I need. With the sunroof I had installed, it's Florida-friendly.
Maybe someday I'll get another "toy" car, but I don't want it to live the life my Camaro did. I owned that car for five years and barely drove it. There's really no point to owning a car if you can't.. y'know.. drive it.
I said to Pop today that I bet I'll be able to get 200,000 miles out of my truck, especially considering FL weather is very friendly on cars. He agreed.
In short, I was reminded once again of the difference between want and need.
I want a new car.
But I don't need one.
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- The classiest little Casio, AQ230
- Old internet humor has not aged well
- Where can a middle aged guy get plain sneakers these days?
- An HSS guitar I can actually recommend
- The 1,000 year disc, M-DISC
- The watch you buy when your smartwatch breaks
- This is the cheapest way to get guitar picks
- This is the Squier I'd buy had I not just bought one
- Plywood might be one of the best electric guitar tonewoods
- Why isn't The Whoopee Boys a cult classic?