another sign i'm getting older wiser
Back in my teens and early 20's, I read nothing but Four Wheeler and Motor Trend magazine. Every month I would read them cover to cover. I knew everything there was to know about new cars and trucks. And I wanted them all.
Lately I've been getting bit by the car bug. I want another car. Something small, sporty and too fast for its own good.
But then I look at the truck I drive now. It looks good. It runs good. I can afford it. Mileage is excellent. Has the utility I need. With the sunroof I had installed, it's Florida-friendly.
Maybe someday I'll get another "toy" car, but I don't want it to live the life my Camaro did. I owned that car for five years and barely drove it. There's really no point to owning a car if you can't.. y'know.. drive it.
I said to Pop today that I bet I'll be able to get 200,000 miles out of my truck, especially considering FL weather is very friendly on cars. He agreed.
In short, I was reminded once again of the difference between want and need.
I want a new car.
But I don't need one.
More articles to check out
- The Fender Modern Player Marauder needs to come back
- Fender 75th Anniversary Stratocaster confusion
- Are there any real advantages to a headless guitar?
- Telecaster is a good example of a one-and-done guitar
- The guitars I still want that I haven't owned yet
- Casio W735HB (I wish this strap was offered on G-SHOCK)
- EART guitars are really stepping it up
- Using a Garmin GPS in 2021
- Converting to 24 hour time
- The best audio tester for your song recordings is your phone