For the past several days, Tropical Storm Debby has basically been making life suck in Florida. At the moment, everything seems to have calmed down, but it did wreak havoc in several parts of Tampa Bay.
Something like 4,000 people lost power, there was 1 recorded death, the Howard Frankland Bridge was closed temporarily (and I think the northbound side is still closed as I write this), wind kicked up everywhere causing a few tornados, several places got flooded out including a few apartment buildings and some retirement homes, and, well.. things just sucked.
For those wondering, no I was not in the thick of any of this. Okay, technically that's not true. I was, yet I wasn't. Yeah, it rained here. And rained. And rained. And rained some more. And there was a ton of wind, but I wasn't around any flooding and didn't lose power or anything like that. Basically, it was just really wet and windy for like 3 days straight.
Right now where I am it's really wet outside but not raining. There will be some spotty rain tonight but I'm on the very outer perimeter of where Debby is right now. She's slowly.. ever so frickin' slowly.. moving north, and the storm is supposed to clear out by Wednesday.
Like this article?
Best ZOOM R8 tutorial book
highly rated, get recording quick!
More articles to check out
- Schecter PT Special in Aqua Burst Pearl
- You don't need a solar watch
- Is the Bic Soft Feel the perfect pen?
- How to find really cheap new electric guitar necks
- Ridiculous: Ibanez Altstar ALT30
- SX Hawk in Lake Placid Blue is good
- Guitar neck thickness vs. shoulder
- Goodbye 2021
- My mild obsession with pens and pencils
- SX Hawk from Rondo on the way, and why I bought it